Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cycle gifting

What a wonderful time of the year to be a cycling enthusiast.  Your loved ones find you easy to find a gift for since they know you are a cyclist.

Take this year for example.  In our Secret Santa event at work, Greg, one of my co-workers gave me a set of bicycle shaped page markers that as an avid reader (especially in the winter) I will use repeatedly.  Guessing that I'm old enough to enjoy a lava lamp, he gave me one of those as well.

My son Chris found an excellent cycling book that I'm very much looking forward to reading and perhaps reviewing on these pages.

A friend of mine, Alison whose little dog we baby-sit, gave me a lovely picture frame made from bicycle chain.

My wife gave me a pair of arm-warmers for my winter rides and a pair of boot covers (I almost said booty covers but you might get the wrong idea).

And my daughter gave me an MSR camp stove which I very interested in using when we hit the Kettle Valley Railway this summer and cook up some delicious backwoods meals.

Isn't it great to be a cycling enthusiast?

No comments:

Post a Comment