|As seen on the "Jingle Ride"|
I've seen commercially made bar mitts and a fellow on the "Jingle Ride" had a pair made of neoprene that fitted onto his road bike handlebars. Maybe that is where I got my inspiration.
There was no problem finding ripstop nylon for the outer shell and a fluffy/downy material for the insides. The big problem was to sew these different fabrics together into some semblance of a large mitt. This was going to require sewing on a machine as the materials when placed together would be too thick to sew by hand which is what I am used to doing.
Remembering to place everything into the correct order when sewing the item inside-out was challenging as well and it wasn't long before I went to track down my wife in her woman-cave. She was really impressed I assure you to find out that not only had the thread broken but the bobin was jammed and even though the machine was not set to zigzag, looking at my crooked seam, she was sure that the settings that she had so carefully adjusted just minutes ago had been tampered by you know who.