Monday, July 26, 2010

2,000K


We all wonder at times why we set goals for ourselves - maybe it's losing a few pounds, cutting back on smoking - the sky is the limit. This year I set 3,000 km. as a goal to ride this season and as you can see from the photo, I hit 2,000km. during my morning commute to work. I was going to wait until I hit 2001 and title the blog "A Space Odyssey"or something to that effect.
Who said I had to ride 3,000km? I did 2,835 last year - isn't that good enough? However, I do like to measure things. I wear a heart rate monitor when I ride, I measure my cadence, I record my Max. speed for the day etc. I guess I get a certain satisfaction from knowing all this stuff. One thing I can tell you is that by recording this info, I can look back at the beginning of the season and compare and see that my conditioning has improved over the season.
I still have my annual Kettle Valley Railway bicycle camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks and that will add another 500 kms. and then there is the MS Mountain Tour in Hinton in September which will add 100ks. and I plan to take my birthday off and since my wife Janet is working, I'll treat myself to a ride which will add another 65+ kms.
And so it goes - I haven't even added in my daily bicycle commute which I'll do until Halloween - blah, blah, blah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment