Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dreams Can Come True

The sun is shining brightly and it is a beautiful summer day. Jackie and I are a few minutes late and as we approach Sanctuary, I see up ahead of us a crowd of people gathered outside on the patio.  I feel excited and I can see a guy in the group who has covered himself with the Stars and Stripes.  The red, white and blue stand out amongst the drab colours the others are wearing.  I wonder to myself "Why is there someone wearing an American flag?"

The sun is shining brightly and it is a beautiful summer day.  Jackie, my daughter and I are a few minutes late as we stopped at Planet Organic to buy some human fuel.  We ride further northeast toward Sanctuary and as we approach, I see a crowd of people gathered outside on the patio.  I am quite excited because I realise all these people are here for the "SteamPunk" ride and have already been into Sanctuary to buy stuff for their outfits.  Although I don't see a guy swathed in the Stars and Bars like in the above dream that I'd had earlier in the week.
Ready to rock

Even though we'd been planning this for some time(see "Steamin' Along"), I still found myself working feverishly last night trying to attach the lantern to the front of the bike, installing the recycled streamers and a host of other tasks.  Mounting the birdcage onto the rear carrier rack was a job in itself.  When I had planned to go as a Victorian era African explorer, I thought the birdcage would go along with that theme.  I gave up trying to complete the outfit even though my brother had sent me his pith helmet.  What to do with the birdcage?
You put a Stanley Cup into it and put it on the rear of your bike.
NEXT:  RIDE ON McDuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment