Thursday, January 22, 2015

Monkeying Around

During the break between Christmas and New Years there was a great opportunity to ride my bike several miles to the library.  Outside it was good and dark and I looked forward to riding with the new Monkey lights installed the front wheel of my winter bike.

As soon as I pedaled off, the bright glow from the Monkey Lights cast ever-changing coloured patterns on the white snowbanks and the snow covered road in front of me.  Combined with the Christmas lights decorating the houses along my route, It felt downright festive!

About half way to my destination, I could see up ahead of me a mother and her two children.  The mother took one glance at me and stopped dead in her tracks to have the children watch my multi-hued display as I passed them.  I was beaming.


After the library, I rode out from my parking spot and cut through the parking lot.  A few yards in front of me was a couple on their way to their car.  They stopped in mid step to watch as I passed them.  Having passed them, they shouted "Do it again!" so I dutifully turned around and rode back and forth in front of them to their great delight "Nice Christmas lights!" the man shouted.

The only danger I can foresee with having Monkey Lights on my bike is keeping my eyes on the road in front of me instead of looking down at the entrancing light display emanating from my front wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment