Monday, April 29, 2013

Snow Way!

It sounded like rain when I went to bed last night but when I pulled my bike out of the garage this morning, that rain had turned to snow.  Big, white fluffy flakes filled the sky and changed the just-turning-green lawn a clean white.

Here we go again
After nearly seven months of snow, I had hung the winter bike up in the rafters of the garage when the first melt began a few weeks ago.  Putting the winter bike away meant having to dodge the odd patch of ice (mostly in the shady spots) since my regular commuting bike doesn't have studs - just big knobby tires.
The big knobbies
For all intents and purposes, this snowfall is more like a white rain and it reminds me of Dustin Hoffman's line from "Wag the Dog" when he says "This is nothing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment