Thursday, March 24, 2011

Can I quote you on that?

It is unlikely that you would read this blog unless you had some amount of interest in bikes and biking and so I recommend a tome that relates an epic, 46,000 kilometer journey from Siberia to London, England with stops in Australia and Southeast Asia.  The book is: "Cycling Home From Siberia" by Rob Lilwall

Each chapter begins with a pithy quote and just in case you don't read this book, I'll give you a taste with some of the quotes.  If you plan on reading this publication, then the quotes might just whet your appetite!

Siberia...impends through the darkness as the ultimate unearthly abroad.  The place from which you will not return
Colin Thubron

When I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think that there are no small things
Bruce Barton

I will go anywhere as long as it is forward
David Livingstone


I laugh in the face of danger, I drop icecubes down the vest of fear
Edmund Blackadder

We walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail.  Or worse yet, afraid we may succeed
Sean Connery in Finding Forester


One kind word can warm three winter months
Japanese Proverb

I thought of that while riding a bicycle
Alberta Einstein (on the theory of relativity)


It is and unnatural business to find yourself in a strange place with an underutilized brain and no particular reason for being there and eventually it makes you go a little crazy
Bill Bryson

Never,never,never give up
Winston Churchill

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
Oscar Wilde

People don't take trips...trips take people John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment