Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hornless Bike Seat

While this is an unusual looking bike seat, it has been for me, after 10,000 kilometers, the most comfortable seat I've ever owned.  It never fails to elicit comments from cyclists and passers-by.

Especially for those of the male persuasion, the fact that this seat has no "horn" can make riding a bike a much more pleasant and comfortable endeavor.  I like the fact that these seats are made in Manitoba - maybe because my twin brother lives in Winnipeg maybe because I used to work with a reporter from that province and I always got a kick out of the fact that he pronounced it as Manitubba.  To this day when I think of him, I hear "Hubba Hubba Manitubba" in my mind.

This seat is hefty.  But perhaps that is why I've put so many miles on this baby and it is still going strong.  The other thing is that it is not too well suited to mountain biking where the bike's seat is so important for cornering, ascending and descending.

Do check out the Spiderflex website and consider one for yourself if most of your biking is not mountain biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment