Thursday, September 30, 2010

We've Got A Winner!!

Thanks to Ed Kennedy, a regular reader of my blog who correctly identified the name of my silver mountain bike as "Furry Lewis" and has won the gift certificate to Hudson's. Ed found the answer in my blog "Mountain Tour Training" of September 7, 2010.

A lot of people name their bikes and it occured to me during last year's MS Mountain Tour to give my trusty bike a name.  At the time I also owned a Raleigh which I named "Barbeque Bob" because of its red colour.  Furry Lewis was an old bluesman who was rediscovered in the seventies when Playboy magazine did an article about him and his music.  My brother bought Playboy for the articles (sure!).  And since I'd had this silver bike for some time and even though I'd bought and rode other bikes, I kept coming back to this one.  I rediscovered this great bike.  Just as Furry Lewis was rediscovered.

Check this fine cycling blog http://breakingchainstakinglanes.wordpress.com/ and see how other people name their bikes.

Congrats again to Ed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment